"One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things."

"One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things."
-Henry Miller, American Author

Friday, February 14, 2014

Settling In: According to Zach W.

During my second full week of living in Florence, things began to become more and more normal. I can now walk the city and get to all major landmarks without a map; i know a couple hole-in-the-wall authentic Tuscan/Florentine restaurants; and I have a favorite caffe to get my morning coffee. I’ve come to realize how different the culture really is here. You will never see an Italian running after a bus or hurrying in any way shape or form. Everyone here just seems happy and content with their lives. It’s very refreshing as I’ve lived in San Francisco my whole life and you see people rushing around (including me) all day everyday. It feels like Italians try and make every moment of everyday enjoyable for themselves.
Im off to Venice for the weekend, Ill be writing all about it next week!
-Zachary Weisenburger 2014 AIFS Study Abroad Student

No comments: